Hey everyone! I’m here today to share some of my best tips for making your makeup look great in outdoor photoshoots. With the warmer weather upon us, more and more people are venturing outside to capture those perfect shots. And while natural lighting can be incredibly flattering, it can also be tough to manage if you’re not prepared.
Whether you’re a professional photographer or want to ensure you look your best in all your photos this summer, follow these simple tips, and you’ll be golden!
How to do your makeup for an outdoor photoshoot
When you’re getting ready for an outdoor photoshoot, you can do a few things to make sure your makeup looks great in the photos. Here are a few tips:
- Use a primer. This will help create a smooth base for your makeup and prevent it from looking patchy in the photos.
- Go for a natural look. You want your makeup to look like you’re not wearing any, so go easy on the foundation and eyeshadow. A little bit of mascara and lip balm is all you need.
- Use waterproof products. This will help keep your makeup from melting in the heat or running in the rain.
- Set your makeup with powder. This will help it stay in place and prevent it from creasing or smudging.
- Choose the right foundation. If you’re going to be outside for a while, you need a foundation with SPF to protect your skin from the sun.
- Bring along touch-up supplies. Make sure you have everything you need to touch up your makeup during the shoot, including blotting papers and a small mirror.
With these tips, you’ll be sure to have makeup that looks great in all your outdoor photos.
The perfect makeup look for an outdoor photoshoot
Assuming you would like a list of tips for doing makeup for an outdoor photoshoot:
- Prep your skin: cleanse, tone, and moisturize your face before starting your makeup routine. This will help create a smooth canvas for your makeup and also help it last longer throughout the day.
- Choose a long-wearing foundation: when doing makeup for an outdoor photoshoot, choosing a foundation that won’t melt or smudge easily in the heat is important. Long-wearing, waterproof formula is ideal.
- Set your makeup: to help ensure your makeup lasts all day long, set it with a setting powder or spray. This will help lock in your look and prevent unwanted shine or melting.
- Use waterproof products: from your mascara to your eyeliner, choose formulas that won’t budge or run when you start to sweat. Waterproof products will help keep your makeup fresh and flawless all day.
- Choose long-wearing lip products: like with your foundation, it’s important to choose a lip color that won’t budge or fade in the heat. A long-wearing lipstick or stain is ideal for an outdoor photoshoot.
- Apply setting spray: once you’ve finished your makeup look, lock everything in place with a setting spray. This will help keep your makeup fresh and perfect all day long.